NEW COLLEGUE: MÁRTA PÁLFFY-BALOGHOur brand new office manager!
Welcome our successfully recruited and selected GrafaciTeam Member!
It is April, 2019. Our captain has arrived, all ahead! With more than thirty years of practice in management and coordination, Márti takes in hand our business. Surviving the first month we are looking forward to our future!
Updates (September, 2020)
This month we could celebrate our 1,5 “birthday” or anniversary – couldn’t we? We have survived so many changes and challenges (not to mention the epidemics), but still: we work together and strengthen Grafacity Visual Services!
Today I asked Márta, how could she summarise her experience? What are the the most important learning points in this team.
- “Creativity. Even in me, whom I know for a while – there’s more creative potential, than I thought at first. I CAN work differently. I can change.
- Patience. I needed a lot, (smile) and sometimes I still stretch myself. There are really strange folks in this team. Artists for example. :))) I had to relate differently to every single team members.
- Openness. Sometimes I still needed to remind myself: to be opened for something, that is not like me. It happens, when something is clear and simple to me – for others? Maybe not at all.
- Communication. Should be clear, simple and direct. Reading other people’s mind is not a basic competence.
- Boundaries. I learnt to protect myself, and to maintain my healthy boundaries.
- Leadership / rhythm. Just like in tango*, a leader must pay close attention on the rhythm. S/he is ought to monitor the follower, if he/she understood the “message”, and follow-up the process. We cannot miss stepping-stones.
- EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) was a great initiative. It was an important step to define “chairs” (positions) and to make clear divisions among responsibilities, while balancing motivating and “droid” work.
- Trust. I felt maximal trust. This is important.”
*Marta is a part-time colleague in the team, so in her “other life” she’s a professional senior tango instructor. Find her on social media!
Thank You for being with us!
You are a great support every single day!
Budapest, September, 29th 2020.
Grafacity Visual Services
I’m Szilárd Strenner, the general manager of Grafacity Visual Services, a visual facilitator and organisational development consultant by profession. I’ve been doing trainings and leading groups since 1994. I got familiar with visual recording in 2010, and I wrote my final thesis on this topic for my OD consultant education. We set up Grafacity Visual Services and became active members of IFVP, International Forum of Visual Practitioners. I take part in nearly a thousand of hours of visual client-work independently or together with my colleagues annually. I would like to better understand how we can support the change processes with our visual means the most efficiently.